Friday, August 26, 2011

Recipe Exchange


I had a fabulous time yesterday with Robin and Olga again.  This week we went to Olga's new home for her to cook Tortilla de Patatas (Spanish omelet) for us.  She also fixed my favorite bocadilla, the one with crushed tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic.  Yum!  Hopefully I learned enough to duplicate it here.  Then I shared with her the recipe for the chicken casserole that I made for her when we first met.  I walked her through each step, being sure my English terms made sense to her.  She is going to try to make it on Saturday.  

In the middle of the recipe exchanging both Olga and Robin made comments that once again made me excited to get to Spain - "as much as you love to cook and share recipes, the women of Spain are going to love you."  I cannot wait to start sharing time in my kitchen and new friend's kitchens and learn all new kinds of recipes.  What a wonderful way to build relationships and share lives.

And for your enjoyment - both recipes from yesterday:

http://spanishfood.about.com/od/tapas/r/tortilla.htm

Chicken Casserole:
  • 1 whole chicken, boiled, taken off the bone, and shredded
  • 1 small package Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 stick butter, melted
  • 1 can Cream of Celery Soup diluted with one can of chicken broth
  • 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup diluted with one can of chicken broth
Combine stuffing, onion, and butter.
In a 9 x 13 pan layer ingredients in the following order:

  • 1/2 stuffing, onion, and butter mix
  • Shredded chicken
  • Diluted Cream of Celery Soup
  • 1/2 stuffing, onion, and butter mix
  • Diluted Cream of Chicken Soup
Bake at 350 degrees or until brown and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.