Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Speechless

Don't you just love it when God answers prayers that you couldn't even fathom to express?  Today I have been speechless as I have pondered how God has moved in our lives.  We do not know what the future holds.  We are discovering what it means to live one day at a time and trust God where He is working and wait on Him in other areas.  It is exciting, energizing, and at times overwhelming (both in the good and the bad way).  But just at the time when we need that little extra nudge to remind us that He truly is God, He does.

I shared a few days ago that we had accepted a contingency offer on the house.  It remains on the market and we continue to wait to see what God has planned for both us and the family from Vermont that has made the offer, but we are moving forward as if they could call any day and say that their home has sold.  (That is a whole different blog post - so check back in a few days).  I asked you to pray not only for us, but for this new family and for their home to sell quickly so they could be reunited. 

Although we have never met them we shared through realtors that we were praying for them and gave them a copy of our latest newsletter which led them to this blog.  They commented on our prayer request for them.  As I read the comment this morning I wept - not because of some sad thing, but because I realized God is so very big!  He left me speechless.  He answered our prayer in a way that was greater than even my imagination.

The "husband and father" shared his prayer and I just couldn't leave it hidden in a comment from an old post.  I don't share this for either he or I to get any glory - but to let God show off - to testify to you that you can trust God with your biggest concerns in life and He will answer in ways greater than you imagine!  God is a good God!

God is GREAT! I am the husband of the wife and four kids. Please join with me in praying this prayer "God you are mighty, you are powerful, how majestic is Your Name. We lift up the work that you are doing in the sale of the VT house and the NC home. We ask that as you further the work of Your Kingdom through the Hunters you continue to bless them. We ask that you specifically bring a buyer for the VT house so that the Hunters will be launched into Kingdom service in Your time. We acknowledge that You work EVERYTHING together for good for those who love You and are called according to Your purposes. We submit to Your will in this process and praise you for what you are going to do. In the matchless name of Jesus we pray" AMEN "Our Father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name...come and let Your glory come and let Your glory fall"

5 comments:

  1. I second that prayer! I am the wife and the mother of the four children and, being born in Rota, Spain (near Gibraltar) on a naval base, I have dual citizenship. Hearing that you are missionaries to Spain made my heart leap with excitement!!! I have always wanted to go back.

    I am praying earnestly for you and for us as we move forward on this journey. We see that God, in launching us to do His work in NC, is launching you. We are thrilled. You are covered in prayer. We are also thrilled to know that we must have people praying for us all over the world as they pray for you to become missionaries to Spain. Being up here in VT alone is difficult to say the least, but knowing that I am not alone in raising my prayers to the Lord sustains me.

    We too have an Alex, btw. He's in high school. :)

    Here is my verse for today. I dedicate it to you: "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles." Isaiah 40:31.

    I want you to know that the chance of a Christian from VT moving and buying your home is slim to none as New England is a very dark place spiritually and Christians are scarce up here. The Lord has brought us together and I can't wait to meet you.

    -Adrienne-

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely INCREDIBLE! PRAISE BE TO OUR AMAZING GOD! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update from the Husband...In one of those weeks when you feel like you are not hearing from God at all...we go to worship with my brother and his wife in Mocksville this morning. The message is about the 'morning watch'. Getting before God is something that we all do as Christians...but sometimes we have to remember that we are TO BE STILL and KNOW that HE is God and WE are not. What a freeing concept. I am also sure that God has directed us to North Carolina so WHAT HE HAS DIRECTED HE WILL ACCOMPLISH...just not in my timing. How I desire to be STILL before my God and allowing Him to direct my steps in obedience according to His Good and PERFECT will for my life. Be encouraged...He who began a good work will be faithful to complete it!

    Blessings and Love,

    Husband from VT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.