Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Jesus Wept

As I sat and had my quiet time this morning tears just fell - making the words on the Bible impossible to see.  I found myself apologizing to God for the tears - tears that were hard to explain in words - just tears.  Then John 11:35 came to mind - even Jesus wept.  Theologians give a thousand reasons for his tears, yet this morning what was important was not why He cried, but that He cried.  Tears don't always need reasons that can be explained, they just sometimes are.

This season of the journey is harder than I planned.... how do you mourn the goodbyes and celebrate the hellos at the same time?  Remember, this is not my first move.  I moved once as a teenager and Scott and I have lived in 5 different areas of our 24 years of marriage, but this one is different.  Don't ask me to put in words why or how, it just is.  It's hard.

And sitting right on the edge of my eyes today are tears - some will fall and some will not.  Some will be easy to explain and some will be a mystery.  Some will be in private and some will be shared.  Some will just be.  Maybe even some of you will join me with your own tears.  No words needed, its just hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.