Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hard Decisions

Although the last two weeks have been filled with celebrating our partnership progress (today we are at 49%)  they have also been filled with some hard decisions.   One of the biggest decisions we have had to make is regarding the house.  It has been on the market in excess of 18 months and we still own it.  We prayed, we cried, we agonized over this decision.  What wisdom would God give us?  His answer was not easy and both required another step of faith.

First we felt God saying to take it off the market for a couple weeks.  My first response, "but wait, God!  What if the exact person who is supposed to buy the house is only looking during those two weeks?  What if we miss them?"  His first answer - "am I not God?  Am I not all knowing?  Am I not the god who holds the universe in my hands?  and if I am, then why do you fret over such a small thing?"  Unfortunately I had to wrestle through the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and a whole lot more responses before I said "ok - you are God and I trust."

Second we believed God was directing us to start totally over.  Start with a new realtor, a new sign, a new listing, a new outlook, .....  This was harder than the first thing He said.  We love our realtor.  She is a dear friend.  She has done more than any realtor we have ever worked with.  She has helped clean and paint.  She has loaned us personal things to stage the house.  She has worked hard for us and put up with our dragging our feet and complaining about the process.  Yet, in all that we still believed God was giving us direction.  I cried out to God to make it ok and he said "she serves the same God you do - am I not big enough to handle this too or have you found my limits?"  Don't you just hate it when God gives you a big "slap in the face?" 

That conversation with our realtor was one of the hardest conversations I have had to have lately.  I cried and fretted and yet God was present.  She was disappointed and a little hurt, yet her character has shown through.  She has been able to continue to be a friend while our business relationship takes changes.  She has been a beautiful picture of a Christian woman and friend.  I know she was disappointed and even hurt, yet her words and behavior and spirit have well represented the Christ she loves and serves. 

I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone trying to sell or buy a house in the Greensboro area.  She is a hard worker and gives you her all.  She is willing to pull out all the stops to sell your house.  She would be the 1st realtor I would call if we had to do it all over again.  Do you need a realtor?  At least give her a call before you make a decision.

The question now is - where are we now?  The house has been off the market for about 1 1/2 weeks and will go back up on the market tomorrow.  We have interviewed and questioned and researched realtors intensively.  We have prayed over this decision.  When the house finally sells, I'll tell you how God "blew our socks off" during this interview process.  We have chosen a realtor who is in Kernersville and who has an understanding of this bedroom community and loves it.  And once again, we begin the "house is on the market lifestyle." 

Will you pray for a couple things for us?
  1. That that the house will sell - quickly!
  2. For our original realtor - that God will bless her business - one that she is basing on His principles
  3. For our new realtor - that she will know exactly what needs to be done to market our house to the right people

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you. Our home has been on the market for the past six months and will be coming off on Sunday. I cannot imagine how hard it has been for you, this six months has been hard for us, I can only fret over what 18 months is like.

    I am not sure about you but our home has shown more times than it has not. Our problem is we live down a very steep road that takes someone that has a strong heart and a good 4 wheel drive. We have heard so many times "we love your home, but the road is a deal breaker".

    Of course, Our God is much bigger than selling our houses and his timing is perfect! You are in my prayers, hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.