Thursday, August 25, 2011

Faithfulness

I did it! I put Hannah on an airplane to Spain by herself yesterday without a total emotional breakdown!  Yeah, there were a few tears, but a whole lot more laughter.  But let me tell you why...
Hannah and Becky at the airport

Last family picture on this side of the ocean for awhile


The morning started with tears.  I hadn't managed to brush my teeth and shower before the tears began to fall.  I knew it was the day.  Yet, I also knew I wanted the morning to be light hearted, not depressing.  So I stuck on a smile and headed to the kitchen for my quiet time.  


The house we are staying in has a beautiful, wooded backyard.  I love to sit at the kitchen table and sip my diet coke and look out the wall of windows during my quiet time.  Just a beautiful, peaceful setting.  I am reading through the book of Ezekiel in my quiet time and yesterday I just couldn't focus on it.  So I finally closed my Bible and just began to spend time talking with the Lord.  And more importantly, listening.


And then I was reminded - God knew exactly how I was feeling.  He reminded He too had let His child go.  He understood the emotions that were raging.  He was right there.


Then off to the airport we went (after nearly an hour of rearranging her suitcases and taking things out to make then under 50 pounds).  It was a light hearted time.  Yes, there were some tears - but we all survived with no big scenes.


Plan for the day - stay busy so I was tired enough to sleep and too busy to worry.


First stop - post office.  Alex got the mail out of the post office box and what was on top?  A partnership form - for another 1%.  I was blessed by the partnership, but even more than that - I was blessed by the fact that I heard God saying, I am hearing your prayers my daughter.  


So off to home and I open my email and there is another partnership, one that says " One region (meaning on the progress map to the right) closer to your baby girl and God's calling.  You will be missed.  You are all an inspiration to those of us here.  Can't wait to see what God does through you."  Again, God was saying - my daughter, I hear your prayers, have faith in me - I am worthy of your trust!


He is worthy of my trust.  He is faithful.  He is loving.  


A few more tears fell through the day, some in praise to Him, others just because I'll miss my time with Hannah.  But worry and anxiety were not a part of the day.  For HE alone is faithful!


Hannah did arrive safely with all her luggage.  I talked to her about 5:30 this morning.  No problems along the trip.  Thank you for your prayers yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Cindy! Tears fell as I read this! As a mother, the hardest thing to do is let go of our children! God will bless you guys. I can't wait to keep reading. I am so sorry we'll miss you this weekend bc of the storm, :( but know that you all will be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy & Scott... just reading this post about sending Hannah. I couldn't see for the tears. I can only imagine how hard that was. We skyped with Andrew last night and he's only in Boone and I miss him terribly. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, God has BIG plans for you guys and it is so AWESOME that you have heard his call and said, YES, we will go. Even now, He is paving the way for you that hearts will be touched and lives changed because of your sacrifice. Praying that the rest of the sponsorship comes soon and you can be reunited sooner than later with Hannah, and begin your new lives! Ashley Lay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.