Thursday, June 23, 2011

Wide Open Fields

I am at camp with 83 children and youth.  I know, it sounds crazy, and yes, it is crazy - but it is fun too! 

This morning at breakfast I sat with a group of rising high schoolers and their counselor.  We got to talking about Spain and our move.  The counselors first response was "why Spain?"  Do they need missionaries?  Of course I proceeded to answer that question with more information than he probably wanted, but at the end he said "Wow... I wish more people knew how big the need was."

Then I had to make a run to Wal-mart - long story but my camera found the river yesterday - and was listening to the radio.  There was a little blurb about missions in the United States and the following statistic was shared:  41% of all pregnancies in New York City end in abortion.  I had a hard time even breathing after hearing that statistic.  Imagine - nearly half all pregnancies are ended in abortion in one city.

The fields are wide open.  There are needs everywhere for all kinds of people.  Lesson I learned today - open my eyes - the needs are great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.