Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Double Dessert and Goodbyes

Today we celebrated the end of my office days at Cornerstone (I really have 6 more, but after today Dave is gone).  Actually, they told me we were not celebrating my leaving but instead the ministry I am leaving behind.  Lunch was filled with a return to Tripps (the regular lunch place of the staff when I first joined the Cornerstone staff).  The manager then offered us complimentary dessert and being the great staff (and Baptists and chocolate lovers) we are,  we accepted.  The 8 of us divided three desserts - Georgia Brownie, Molten Cake Sundae, and Key Lime Pie.  In addition to the food, lunch was filled with laughter and reminiscing over the past 14 years.

Although there have been changes over the years - staff, office locations, schedules, .. - one thing has been consistent:  CAKE.  We can find any excuse to have cake and today was no exception (forget the fact we already had dessert).  So after lunch and dessert we returned to the office for cake - chocolate and peanut butter, my favorite combination!  The staff then gave me a gift certificate to Balance Day Spa - my definition of the perfect gift!  I am so blessed.  Only thing missing was the Celebration Bear (ask Dave Tomasek about the bear).

It was easy to laugh through the celebration, but in the quietness of home the rest of the emotions rage!  I am so very blessed to have worked with an incredible staff that loves the Lord.  We all have different gifts and different callings, yet we all know the purpose of it all - to make the name of God known!

I will forever be changed by my days at Cornerstone.  I will cry quite a few tears as the end of this journey gets closer.  I will take memories that will last a lifetime.  I will take friendships to a foreign land.  I will plan ways for our ministry to continue to partner together.  I will be grateful for technology that lets me stay connected.  I will daily pray for their ministry as God continues to use them at Cornerstone.

Thank you to my co-ministers (and that includes you office ladies too) for 14 fabulous years!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.