Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Best Part of Homeschooling

I homeschooled Hannah for two years while I worked full time and now I am homeschooling Alex until we leave for Spain.  Hannah decided to be homeschooled because she did not like public school.  We decided to keep Alex home because it just wasn't worth all the hassle to enroll him in a new school for what we hope is only a few weeks.

Today Alex and I had some errands to do (went to the social security office - predicted wait time when we arrived was 29 minutes, actual wait time was 59 minutes - ugh!) and then stopped for lunch.  It was there that it hit me.

Hannah and I had this routine.  Every Friday (my day off work) she and I would get a slow start to the day, then do any errands we needed to do, then go to lunch together.  It was over these lunches that I really got to know Hannah.  Those were special times.

At lunch today with Alex as we chatted over upcoming plans I realized how much I actually am blessed with the opportunity to spend this time with the kids.  I also realized how much I miss Hannah.

I am grateful for the time with Alex and I am ready to be reunited with Hannah.  Isn't it cool how God reminds us of the blessings in front of us if we keep our eyes open!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.