Thursday, August 11, 2011

I am NOT in Control

The past few days I have been re-learning a lesson.  I am not in control of every aspect of my life.  Most of you are just laughing at that statement.

Those of you who know me well, are saying - oh man, glad I wasn't part of that struggle.  The one who is in charge of everything had to relearn that lesson.

Those of you who only know me through the blog are probably saying, no duh!

The problem is, sometimes I have to remember that I am not the only one God speaks to.  He gives wisdom and direction to others.  (Again, a no duh moment).

The other thing I have to remember is that man cannot thwart God's plans.  So even if the leaders around you make a mistake, God will still accomplish His plans.

The issue turned out the way we wanted... but the truth would still have been the same if the answer had been different.

God gives wisdom to the leaders around us who seek it.  Having faith in God sometimes looks like trusting God to work through others.  Faith sometimes just looks like letting go.  Just wondering how many more times in life I'll have to learn this same lesson.

(Thanks to those at SEND for helping me learn the lesson again)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.