Monday, November 19, 2012

#19 - TV in English

So my evening didn't go as planned.  I had planned on doing my spanish homework and then starting to sew on my curtains, but instead I spent several hours working with Alex on his social studies.  He has a major test on Wednesday (pray for him) and he is struggling in this class.  I now know more about the definition of a city and the hierarchy of types of cities than I ever wanted to know.  And several hours later, I was finished with his homework and ready to start mine - but my head was swarming!

So, instead of jumping straight into conditional tenses and when to use each kind of past tense, I turned on the computer, logged on to tv-links, and relaxed for half an hour.  At times in the process of learning a new language, you just ned to turn it off (but not too often).  I am thankful that I live in the era of technology and this was available for me.  I cannot imagine what it was like to live in a foreign country in the years before technology.  Thank you God for allowing me to live in the 21st century!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.