Friday, November 2, 2012

#2 - One on One Days

Scott is at a conference for missionaries and pastors so Alex and I are having a couple days of mother/son time.  Together we planned our day - first we had chocolate and churros (yum!), then we went shopping (ok - so this was my addition, but at least it was shopping for him).  After that we rode the Teleférica of Madrid, which landed us in Casa de Campo Park - one of the larger parks in Madrid.  We walked and he climbed trees.  Then we drove to Kentucky Fried Chicken (yep, that is what happens when you let a 13 year old choose where to have lunch).  We thought it would be easier to go to a stand alone KFC than one in a mall - little did we realize that meant I would be driing straight down Gran Via - one of the major, busy streets in Madrid.  But God took care of that too - cause my other addition to the day was to go to Bricor and get a television cable so we could rearrange the living room furniture.  When we found KFC and a Cortes Ingles parking deck nearby - we discovered that there was a mini Bricor uder the store and it had what we needed.  No need to stop on the way home.  Finally at home - we rearranged furniture (and I like the way it looked so we don't have to move it back) and now we are watching a movie and studying spanish.  What a great day!

As I watching Alex hang from trees I knew that today I would give thanks for those rare days when I get to spend uninterrupted time with one of the kids (or Scott).  I am thankful for those days that we get to slow down, laugh, and play.  I definitely plan to put a few more of these in the schedule!

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.