Wednesday, November 14, 2012

#14 - Mornings with Time for Breakfast

I know I am in charge of my mornings, but I don't always make wise choices before I am totally awake.  Many, many mornings I prefer to hit snooze, linger under the warm covers and then in the warm shower (When they work, I love the hot water heaters here in Spain - they are tankless and you never run out of hot water).  Eventually, I am dressed and realize I don't have time to savor a cup of coffee or linger at the table, but instead I have to grab a cookie and a a juice box and run out the door.

But today, caffeine from last night won out and I was the first one up.  I did manage a long shower and then downstairs with time for an uninterrupted quiet time, a slow cup of coffee (I like my coffee really hot and if you are in a hurry this isn't a wise thing), my favorite breakfast cookie (yes, breakfast cookies are acceptable in Spain and these are oatmeal with chocolate), time to catch up on blogging, and then some Spanish grammar (tell me what I am doing that - I have a 3 hour Spanish grammar class this morning, isn't that enough?).

So, I am not sure today I am thankful for slow mornings or caffeine the night before.  But I'll just be thankful.

And ladies, you'll relate to this one - an extra thankful thing today is for American sized tights (you know, old fashioned panty hose).  For some reason, tights you buy in Spain have plenty of leg room, but not enough room for my gluteus maximus.  If I wear Spanish tights I feel like I spend the whole day pulling them up and ya'll know how annoying that can be.  But today as I got dressed, I pulled out a pair of tights that Shelby brought me when she came with the NC team in October and I smiled.  So thank you Shelby for the little things like tights that are in American size.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.