Friday, November 9, 2012

#9 - Friends that Bring Tears

The Rountree Family
Looking at the label for today's thank you makes me sound a little crazy.  But it is true, I am thankful for those friends that when I stop and think of them or see a picture of them, they tug on my heart strings strong enough to bring tears.  This morning was one of those times.  I was flipping through facebook posts and there was a post of a young lady who I have watched grow up over the years.  Her parents hold a special spot in my heart and as I read through the comments to the picture tears spilled.

These kinds of friends are hard to come by.  Friendships that span the size of the Atlantic Ocean are rare and treasured.  Not every friendship can survive this distance and I am truly blessed to have a handful of relationships that have.  One of the hardest things of life in a foreign country is how long it takes to make friends.  It's hard to make friends with people you can't talk to (although God has just recently blessed up with fantastic neighbors with whom we are becoming friends, as well as some other relationships in town).  There are some lonely days, yet this handful of friends makes it a little easier.  They email, facebook chat, comment on your photos, send care packages, skype, and more.

I am thankful that God created us to need relationships - both with Him and with others.  I am very thankful that God gave me friends who reach across an ocean, and the thought of them can still bring tears to my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.