Tuesday, November 20, 2012

#20 - Chocolate and Churros

I love chocolate and churros!  Actually, I love chocolate and churros just gives me an excuse to eat them!  And I am so excited because tomorrow we get to go for them.  Back up just a little - let me tell you how much I love chocolate and churros.

I was first introduced to them when we came on our vision trip to Spain in January, 2011.  Only took one taste and I was hooked.  So I proclaimed to our field leader I was going to choose the field I wanted to work in based on the quality of churros.  He thought I was joking, and I was partially :). But seriously... who wants to move to Spain and live where there is not a good chocolate and churro place?

Every town we visited I sampled.  On a scale of 1 to 10, some got 10's and some got 3's (chocolate just can't ever get a 1).  Illescas was a 7 or 8.

Then we moved to Illescas and I discovered that the one here is actually an 8 or 9, timing is everything!  Isn't God good?  He allowed me to move to the middle of nowhere to a town with only one churreria (chocolate and churro store) and it turned out to be a good one!

So tomorrow we do not have class (our language's teacher's mother was rushed to the hospital today - please pray for her) so we get to go with our co-workers to eat chocolate and churros.  I can't wait!

Perhaps tomorrow I'll proclaims thanks for these again, but just the anticipation is enough for me to say thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.