Monday, November 26, 2012

#26 - Homework Escapes

After a weekend of cooking and playing and lots of speaking Spanish, today we returned to serious and formal Spanish classes.  Sara's (my language tutor) mom is still in the hospital so she is working on an adjusted schedule so Scott and I had class together today for a shorter time.  But, not to waste a single moment, Sara made sure we had plenty of studying to do on our own.

So, all afternoon I did homework and studied, but come 5:00 - all homework went out the window and time for practical, albeit fun, "homework."

A friend (Luz) and I went into Getafe (near Madrid) to a store called A Taste of America (yep - lots of American products, most at prices I wouldn't consider paying, but sometimes a girl gets desperate!).  They were hosting a free demonstration on how to make cake pops.  You know me - offer to teach me something about cooking and you will find me there (now I just wish I could find a cooking class offered in Spanish).


We wandered for quite awhile trying to find a parking place.  Finally found a parking place at 5:50 that was a 15 minute only, loading and unloading, place until 6:00.  If you get ticketed in these spots it is a 100 Euros.  So we parked there and hung out for 7 minutes, watching for the "parking police."  Finally we headed to the store and it was packed.  We missed the first few minutes, but it was so much fun.  We got to practice dipping the pops and decorating them.  Then we wandered the store and investigated what fun things we could find.  I bought a couple small things, but mostly just enjoyed laughing, dreaming, and yes, talking in Spanish at the store and with Luz.

You know sometimes, you just got to escape the homework, just not the practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.