Thursday, November 22, 2012

#22 - Laughter

Have I got a story for you today!  And I am hoping you will laugh right along with me!

I ordered my turkey from Jesus, the man at the polleria (a poultry store).  I asked for a turkey between 8 and 10 kilos - wasn't sure how many were coming for lunch, wanted left overs, and etc.

Look at the size of those legs!  
Went to pick it up today (oops -side note - Thanksgiving is an American holiday so Spanish schools and etc continued to function today as if it were any old Thursday - we will celebrate officially on Saturday).  Of course, being the only American in town who ordered a big turkey, when I got there Jesus knew exactly why I was there.  He went in the back and brought it out and plopped it on the scale.  His eyes were as big as mine!  It weighed 12 killos!  Yep - do the math!  That is 26 pounds!



And it wasn't a butterball - got some feathers to finish plucking and it isn't all "pretty," but I am hoping for a couple things - 1) it will fit in my oven, 2) I bought enough bread to make stuffing for a turkey this size, and 3) I can cook it slow enough that it will stay juicy.

But in the midst of it all - Jesus (the polleria man, although I am pretty sure God is laughing too) and I laughed.  The older lady (like in her 90's older) who was sitting at the polleria laughed.  Joanna, my intercambio friend laughed.  Who knows - we won't eat it until Saturday - so I am betting there is quite a bit more laughing to come!

But isn't it fun to laugh at silly things like a 26 pound turkey!

Anyone free on Saturday in Spain, you are welcome to join us for lunch!  I am pretty sure I will have enough turkey.

On a different note - I am also grateful for the new Burger King that opened and the coupons I found online - only had to drive 5 minute's and enjoyed an American lunch for Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.