Thursday, November 8, 2012

#8 - Seasons

Today in class my language teacher asked me whether I preferred the climate of Spain or North Carolina.  I answered I prefer the winter of Spain (It's shorter) and the rest of the year I prefer North Carolina.  As I sit in my kitchen and look outside at the dreary sky I am definitely thankful for Seasons. If I knew I lived in a place that was cold, rainy, and dreary (like today) the majority of the year I would be terribly depressed (and fat because I would never go outside).  If I lived in a place that was 100+ all year I'd be miserable as well.  And although I constantly proclaim that when I retire I intend to live somewhere that is 75 degrees every day, I would definitely miss the sights, sounds, and smells of spring and fall.  So, I guess I'll bury myself in my blanket, put on a cup of tea, and be thankful for the fact that winter (oh wait, this is officially fall) won't last forever.

The dreary, gray view from my kitchen window.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.