Friday, October 29, 2010

To Mr. and Mrs. Vermont (and children)

I know that we have probably broken all the real estate rules - no contact and no relationship before all is settled, but God had different plans.  Regardless how it all turns out in the end, we have become friends and bound together with a love for Christ and a passion to see the whole world hear the name of Jesus.  Through this blog you have had an opportunity to share your support and prayers for us, but it is kind of a one way communication - so today's post is a prayer and note of encouragement for you.

Dear Vermont Family,

The road to Spain on this journey of obedience has not always been easy.  It has been filled with days of excitement and peace, and on other days there has been an overwhelming lonely feeling and a desperate desire to just hold.  Some days we have forged ahead confident in God's leading, and other days we have stood still in His presence and asked for Him to give us the courage to even take a baby step.  Some days we have been frozen in our footsteps and God has had to wrap His arms around us and remind us He is in charge and faithful, and other days we have been running at such fast speed that we had to stop and turn around and get back into pace with Him.

When we began to sense God calling us to follow Him in a different way than ever before we prayed for many things, but one was that we would not go ahead alone.   We knew we weren't going ahead without Christ, but we didn't want to go without "people" either.  We prayed that through our obedience many others would become a part of the picture.  Little did we know how that would look.  Little did we know who would join us without hesitancy and who would run as far away as possible.  We never imagined the number of people we would meet along this journey.

The morning that Mr. Vermont saw our home I had reached the end of my rope.  As I drove to church that morning alone (I leave before anyone else and usually have at least one child with me, but that day no one came along) I just poured my heart out to God.  I told God I was tired and done fighting Him - but since He was working on a different time frame than I was, would He please answer our prayer regarding the house in a God size way.  Instead of just asking Him to sell the house so we could move on, I begged God to do a great work that gave His name all the glory and awe that He deserved.  I was finally willing to wait on not only His timing but His greater purpose than my selfish, exhausted desires.

As we connected with you we have been overwhelmed by how God answered that prayer.  His answer to this point has been greater than even my imagination.  I told someone yesterday that the story of our connecting is just too bizarre to even make up.  Oh, if I could just live in that point of surrender at all moments of my life.

We pray for you each day, as do many others who are praying for our journey.  You will forever be known to many as Mr. and Mrs. Anonymous from Vermont (how your posts on the blog appear) and how our lives have crossed paths will always serve as a testimony to the greatness of God.  Thank you for being a "rule breaker" and sharing your journey with us.

Heavenly Father, creator of the world, the One who is all knowing and whose plans are greater than ours, we give you our praise and and recognize your glory and the awesome God that you are.  We rest in your plans and your faithfulness and lean totally on you today.

We pray Lord that if it be in your will that today's showing of the home in Vermont be the final showing needed and that even in the sale of that home we will see your perfect will and plan.  Lord, this morning as Mrs. Vermont and the kids are running around to put the final touches on the house for this afternoon's showing give them peace and without interruptions.  Give them sunshine coming through the windows and may this potential buyer walk in the front door and experience your presence in a home, not a house.  Give the whole family your peace that passes all understanding.

We, the Hunters, have lived in separate states before and know the stresses that come to each family member.  Lord, we boldly ask in your name that you move quickly and bring this family back together.  Lord, our prayer is that the holidays are spent together in one new home and not apart.  And Lord, while we wait on your timing we pray for each family member to have the wisdom to make decisions they face each day, the strength to resist temptations that come from separation, and the love for each other that flows out of a love for you that controls the tongue and the attitudes when frustrations arise.  Grow the family in their love for you and for each other as they travel this season of life.

We give you the glory and the thanks today for the answers you will provide. 

In the only name that deserves our praise and worship,
Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Mr. and Mrs. Hunter-

    I felt compelled to stop what I was doing yesterday and go to your blog. I couldn't believe my eyes! Your prayer-your comments. You wrote our story of what we have been experiencing! I had to fight back the tears because I did not have time for a good cry-I had a floor to mop, dishes to do! I was encouraged to know we are experiencing the same emotions 850 miles apart!

    Every day, I have to fight wanting my will and my timing more than I want His perfect will and His perfect timing. But, oh, this season of growing is magnificent and like none other! I am becoming stronger, my faith is growing and my spirit is becoming more like His! It hurts, but I know there's a reason. I have to keep getting past myself and my desires and emotions. It's good practice for a Kingdom-minded person. Oh how I will be happy to have the relief when it's over tho! Following the Lord and conforming to His likeness is NOT for the faint-of-heart especially if one is physically separated from their biggest cheerleader-their spouse!

    I am sure that you would like to hear how the showing went yesterday afternoon. Here's the news: The couple that saw our home saw three homes yesterday and ours was the only one they liked. They liked ours a lot.

    They have a home in our area that has an interested party who "went to the bank" yesterday. Our realtor feels we should hear something some time next week.

    Today, the couple that saw our home yesterday are looking at 53498577595 other homes in the area to "see whatever else is out there". We feel very positive about the whole situation. Our home is the only home in our price range that is new (4 years). It is in a beautiful neighborhood and is well maintained and is priced to sell. I'd buy it all over again if I could!

    In the meantime, I am doing everythng possible to make our home cozy, warm, inviting, clean, etc. when we have showings. I use it as my form of worship to God for that day. I burn cinnamon candles so that our "guests" feel warm and happy and I clean every nook and cranny like gangbusters! It's too bad that our house doesn't look this way all the time, but I'd rather play a few games with the kids than have a decluttered house all the time-hehe.

    I hope you don't think I've written too many silly little things in this post. I just figure that if we are going to be friends, then I might as well talk to you as if we were visiting over a cup of coffee.

    Smiles and blessings from VT,
    Mrs. Vermont :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. My "song" is: "I Will Follow You" by Chris Tomlin. I've been blasting it lately. Take a listen. Note the verbs: Go, Stay, Move. Very appropriate verbage for our situations! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning!! Today is the day you have made...I WILL rejoice and be glad in it." - Lincoln Brewster

    As we worship God this morning let us remember to make our requests know with THANKSGIVING! Let us give PRAISE to the King of Kings whose name is to be exalted high above the earth. Let us carry out the plans He has made for us with UNRESERVED obedience to His call and his direction...Let us praise the Lord...praise the Lord...let's just lift our hands to heaven and praise the Lord.

    "Lord God almighty, maker of heaven and earth, we know that You alone put the stars in place. That you alone fashioned the depths of the seas...and you alone know the exact minute you will launch the Hunter's in to the next phase of the mission you have for them...and launch us in to the new ministries and opportunities you have for us. WE WAIT ON YOU...we trust in your timing and your perfect plan. Your Words says He who began a good work in you will be FAITHFUL to complete it. WE STAND ON THAT PROMISE this morning...and each day. Father, I ask specifically for the Hunter's this morning that you will bring the support they need to be set free to do your work in Spain. I ask specifically that your perfect Peace will bring even our most frazzled, depressed, lonley moments...joy and encouragement and excitement and anticipation. Help us Lord, never to forget Your Son and His sacrifice at the cross. We do what we do to bring honor and glory to Your Name and Your Name alone. In Jesus' matchless name, AMEN

    "You are God alone, from before time began, You are on your throne, You are God alone." - Phillips Craig and Dean

    Love and Blessings,

    The Vermont husband and father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...and on other days there has been an overwhelming lonely feeling and a desperate desire to just hold."

    It's been one of those days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.