Thursday, May 17, 2012

Only in Spain

I know you must think I have fallen off the edge of the earth since I have been so slack about writing lately, but I promise I am still alive and well, just incredibly busy.  And at times life seems so ordinary that I figure you might not be interested in reading.  But today, well I was reminded I don't live in NC anymore.

I have a break between my grammar and conversation class that lasts for about 30 minutes (well, on paper it lasts for that long - but we never get out of grammar right on time and the teacher doesn't usually come to conversation right on time - she has to have coffee in a local "bar" between classes too - so that 30 minutes is pretty fluid).  I usually use that break to do an errand, grab 2nd breakfast, do my grammar homework, catch up on facebook, ...  Today I decided to grab 2nd breakfast "to go" and bring it back to the classroom to do my homework.  (I always was the studious one :) )


A specialty here is a bowl with french fries on the bottom, then a meat (chorizo, ham, or bacon), and then topped with a fried egg.   It is one of my favorite dishes.  So I ordered that to go (the lady at the restaurant knows me by now cause I usually go in once or twice a week and get a sandwich mixto (a grilled ham and cheese).  A little while later out comes my food and I glance in the bag to be sure I have a fork and there isn't one.  I ask for one and she says "we don't have forks to go, only ones for in the restaurant."  My brain starts swirling - how am I going to eat this in the classroom without a fork?  But then she says "but you can have one of these forks (holding up a real one) and just bring it back to me tomorrow."  Ha!  I am definitely not in NC anymore.

And yes, it tasted delicious!  And since I have to take the fork back tomorrow, perhaps I will need to have a 2nd one - but this time I will have a fork in my bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.