Monday, July 18, 2011

5 Days to Go

After more than 21 months on the market, it is hard to believe that we have to be out of the house at the end of the week.  I am definitely ready to be totally done with the house!

After a 2nd yard sale I do not care if I ever do another yard sale for the rest of my life.  Although we met a variety of people and got to share the reason we were moving with many, I am glad to see there is very little "junk" left.  All the big things are gone except for the kitchen table and art work.   Check them out here.  We need a home for it all by the end of the week.

The garage and shed are filled with left-overs that just need to be boxed up and gotten ready for Vietnam Veterans to pick up on Friday.  There are closets of stuff that needs to find its way to our "new temporary home."  The pantry and kitchen has "left overs" that need to be moved or thrown away (or even perhaps we should cook it).  And there is the room that has become known as the "Spain room."  This room is filled with boxes of stuff we are taking to Spain, going to my parent's attic, or needs to be sorted through before we leave.  That pile of boxes is heading to the temporary home's garage.

Somewhere in the midst of this week I am looking for down time.  Last week was VBS and non-stop days.  I am ready for some family time, some regular hours, and laundry.  Maybe even a chance to process all the realities that are changing by the day.    I am looking forward to sharing with some friends this week about Spain and our calling there.  Perhaps I should just say - I am ready to face this week - another week of changes, challenges, and opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.