Saturday, December 18, 2010

Shopping

Ok - so today I decided it was finally time to start getting ready for Christmas - yes, I am aware it is only one week away.  I went to the new Tanger Outlets in Mebane and was quite disappointed.  Found Zach a pair of tennis shoes (he was with me so I'm not spoiling a surprise) and then left for Alamance Crossing.  Found much better deals there!

I had the whole day to myself.  I felt no pressure to hurry up and move on.  There were no crowds.  I was not trying to out give or check names off the list.  It was fun to look for gifts that would mean something personal to each person I was shopping for.  I had saved and budgeted for shopping so it was nice to know what I could spend, not fret over it not being enough, and find good deals.

I must say this new perspective on Christmas and it's real purpose had returned the fun!  Try it - you might like it - a Christmas about memories and meaning - not one about stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.