Friday, July 22, 2011

Tears

I am not an emotional person, most of the time, but this journey has definitely brought that side out of me.  At the drop of a hat the tears begin.  I never see them coming or am able to predict what will trigger them.  


Today I cried when I realized that we are almost totally finished with the move from the house (should be shouting for joy).  I cried when I realized that I only have two more office days with one of my co-workers.  I cried when a friend told me her daughter and she had discussed at brunch today her plans for seeing us in Spain.  I cried when a friend stopped by to pick up some games for her mom and stayed and helped clean.  


Maybe I am just tired.   Maybe I just need to find a corner and have a good cry.  Maybe this is what the next couple months will be like.  Maybe God has something to teach me in this phase of the journey.  


The tears made me think of the verse in John 11 that says "Jesus wept."  I've heard all kinds of explanations why the scholars thing Jesus was crying at that moment, but what caught me today when I read the verse was the next verse - verse 36 says "Then the Jews said, “See how he loved him!”  That's it.  


I know we are heading where God has called, yet the journey is filled with lots of emotions.  It was cool for God's word to put the words behind the tears - "see how I have loved you."  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.