Wednesday, July 20, 2011

3 Days to Go and 21 Years Ago

It's Wednesday and we must be totally out by the end of Saturday.  Sitting here this morning (in our new temporary home) it is hard to believe it is really happening, but in a few hours when I show up at the Kernersville house there will be no doubt.  The upstairs is completely packed and cleaned out except for the hanging clothes in the master bedroom closet.  Downstairs there is only the pile of unsold books, food in the pantry, the coat closet (no coats in it - just the things I have been stashing so they wouldn't be sold), and the laundry room.  The leftover junk in the garage still needs to be boxed up and the pool toys need to find their way out of the shed.  That's it!

I have two guys coming tomorrow afternoon and Friday morning to move all the boxes to either the garage for the Vietnam Veterans pick up or to the garage of our temporary home so I can repack and sort for their final destination - either Spain or my parent's attic.  It will all be over in a matter of days.

Makes reality a little closer, and once again, learning a few more lessons about faith.  We are about $2000 short of being at 100% support.  We are planning and believing we will reach 100% in the next six weeks so that we can depart for Spain in September.  Every now and then, however, I hear this little voice in the back of my head that says "you can't do that.  That's too big of a goal.  What about the economy?  What if you fail?"  And yet, as I continue to pray for God's direction He gives a peace that is louder than that voice.  He has called and He is able to do more than man can ever fathom.

Today is another milestone - our firstborn son becomes 21 today!  I do not think I am old enough to have a 21 year old.  It is hard to believe he is that old.  I will not get to see him today and not sure I'll talk to him, but I pray that he knows I love him and miss him.  There is nothing quite like the love of a mom for her first born - just a special spot in her heart.  May God overwhelm him with His presence today and may he know that he is loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.