Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The First of Tears

Lots of changes have occurred over the past few days and reality has stared me straight in the face.  Emotions are high and the tears have begun to flow.  Oh my!  Of course, when talking about this the other day, Hannah proclaims "you just started crying... I've been crying over the four legged animals for a couple weeks and don't want to even think about people."  Thank goodness God is gracious in how he made each of us and we are all processing reality in different ways and at different paces. 

My official resignation from work was announced Sunday.  My last day is August 11.  That sounded so far away until yesterday I realized that I have 11 days left in the office due to the move and a week of vacation I am taking (last training in Michigan). 

We are in day 3 of VBS (my largest project each year) and I have been asked all week - how does it feel to be in the middle of your last big event? 

We have sold almost all of our household goods.  We will have our last garage sale Saturday morning.  Then after that I have to find homes for or trash all that is left.  

We are going to a wedding this weekend (my cousin's son) and know that this is the last time I will probably see many of these family members for many years.  These are all my aunts and uncles and cousins from my mom's side.  I am accustomed to getting together with the whole clan at least once a year.

I have a dear friend who I keep telling "we are not focusing on the leaving, just the arriving."  We are excited about the "arriving" stage of this season.  It's been easy to focus on the arriving since the leaving seemed so far away, but now... much of the leaving is hitting us in the face.  And so the tears have started.  

Ugh... So if you say something to me and I start crying, just know you are in good company.  There is no rhyme or reason to what makes me laugh and what makes me cry.  One more season of the journey.

1 comment:

  1. Great post, once again! All so very true, but like you, looking forward to your family's arrival in Spain!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.