Monday, December 31, 2012

Food That Looks At You

Call me crazy, but I much prefer my food to not "look" at me. Apparently, the people of Spain think different during the holiday season. As I walk through markets and grocery stores I am beginning to become paranoid, cause the food is looking at me all the time.

A bird and some rabbits - yep, these not only are
"looking" at you, they are still dressed.
Look Closely, the chicken on the top
right still has his head.

Sheep Heads (and some other
internal organ)
 
Yep - These chickens have their heads
(look up against the metal grate)
AND their feet.

I think this is a sheep (or maybe a goat)-
 no head, just neck.


It is custom to hang the meat in the front of the store to
allow customs to see what is available, and
to highlight the freshness.

Can you tell shrimp is a traditional food for Christmas?

 And yes, even the fish still look at you.

Roasted Baby Pig is traditional
for this holiday season
 
You can buy it frozen (like previous picture)
or buy a part of a cooked one.
 
 
When I imagined all the cultural adaptations I would have to make, this wasn't one of them.  Oh, how life is never boring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.