Tuesday, December 11, 2012

#11 Snow and Caramel Rolls

I don't like snow.  Actually, I don't like cold weather.  I keep hoping that one day I will be able to move to a place where it is 75 degrees all day and all year.  Only place that is even close are the Canary Islands.  Maybe one day I will at least get to visit.

This morning quite a few of my facebook friends were posting their excitement over a white morning - snow covered streets and houses.  I had ice on my car and needed several layers, but there was no snow.  It hit me as I was rushing Alex to school (who lost track of time and was running late to school) and then slowly making my way to class that God had kept his promise.  He knew the desires of my heart (no snow) and loves me enough to give that to me.  He knew me enough to know that if I lived in a place with lots of snow and ice I would struggle to ever leave my house.  He also knew if He gave me 75 degrees every day I would find it a little easier to be self sufficient.  So today I will delight myself in the Lord - who knows the desires of my heart and knows what is best for me, today (still holding out hope that what is best for me when I am 70 will be 75 degrees all year).


Psalm 37:4
Delight yourselves in the LORD and He will
give you the desires of your heart.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




Caramel Rolls
(a little more complicated, but well worth the effort)




ROLLS

  • 4 - 4 1/2 c all purpose flour
  • 1 pkg yeast
  • 1 c milk
  • 1/3 c sugar
  • 1/3 c butter
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 eggs
  1. Combine 2 c flour with yeast.
  2. Heat milk, sugar, butter and salt until warm (115 - 120 degrees)
  3. Add to flour
  4. Add eggs
  5. Beat 1/2 minute at low speed.
  6. Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
  7. Stir in as much flour as you can with a spoon.
  8. Kneed 6 - 8 minutes 
  9. Shape into a ball and place in a greased bowl.  Turn.
  10. Cover and rise until dough is double (about 1 hour)
  11. Punch down and divide in half.
  12. Cover and let rest 10 minutes
  13. Roll 1/2 into 12 x 8" rectangle
Filling

  • 3 Tbsp butter, melted
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  1. Brush down with butter
  2. Combine sugar and cinnamon
  3. Sprinkle 1/2 of sugar-cinnamon mixture on dough
  4. Roll up jelly roll style from long side
  5. Seal
  6. Cut into 12 pieces
  7. Repeat with other half of dough.
Caramel

  • 2/3 c brown sugar
  • 1/4 c butter
  • 2 Tbsp light corn syrup
  1. Combine above ingredients and cook until blended.
  2. Divide between 2 round cake pans
  3. Place the rolls in pan.
  4. Cover and let rise until double, about 30 minutes
  5. Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.