Thursday, September 1, 2011

How many times must it be said?

Do you ever have those conversations with your kids or friends around you and wonder "didn't I just say that?  how many times do I have to say it before you get it?  am I talking to myself or is someone listening?"

I have been reading through the book of Ezekiel during my quiet times.  According to all the scholars the theme of the book is God's pending judgment.  And yeah, I got that while I read it.  How could you not?  Every chapter describes one more way God is going to judge because of unrighteous behaviors.

But being the simple minded person I am, I see a different theme.  29 times in Ezekiel God says "and they will know that I am the Lord."  Sometimes I am slow, but after 29 times of it being repeated I have to stop and say - hmm, guess He did all this judgement so that it is known to all that He is the Lord.

Made me stop and consider my own life.  Wonder what things He allowed to happen (notice I did not say caused) in my life so that I would know that He was Lord.  I wonder what He wants to do in my life so that others may know that He is Lord.  And on a little less selfish thought, wonder what He is doing or allowing in the world so that all the nations know that He is the Lord.

Just a little something to ponder today.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely.....totally agree!!! He has sonfirmed that over and over!!! Just have to open your eyes sometimes and He just blows us away!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.