Monday, December 10, 2012

#4 - #9 Time to Catch Up & Orange Pineapple Cake

Last Wednesday we ran away to Portugal for a few days of warm weather, English, and rest.  After two busy weekends and trying to cram some serious studying in, my brain was on overflow!  Although the drive was a little further away than I wanted to drive (still waiting for Scott to get his license), but the price was right.  We did nothing but walk on the beach, explore a few little towns, play games, sleep late, and rest.  I thought I would use the days to catch up on emails and blogging and etc, but we didn't have Internet in our room - so no go - but, we enjoyed family time without interruptions.

So, today I will catch up on promises. 

First the promises...

#4 - Will Find New Strength

Isaiah 40:29-31
He gives power to the weak
and strength to the powerless.
Even youths will become weak and tired,
and young men will fall in exhaustion.
But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
They will walk and not faint.

How wonderful to experience this promise this week!



#5 - Care for All My Needs


Philippians 4:19
And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.


#6 - Peace of Mind and Heart - Even when separated from family and friends over holidays - a peace that can't be explained.


John 14:27
“I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don’t be troubled or afraid.

#7 - He never runs out of kindness and His compassion cannot be exhausted - thank goodness!

Lamentations 3:22-23
The Lord’s loyal kindness never ceases;
his compassions never end.
23 They are fresh every morning;
your faithfulness is abundant!

#8 - No matter how tired I am, He never gets tired or sleepy so I am never out of his care

Psalm 121:3 
He will not allow your foot to be moved.
He who keeps you will not slumber. 

#9 - I cannot run away from or hide from God - I can never be out of the reach of His hand!


Isaiah 139:1-10
Lord, you have examined me
    and know all about me.
You know when I sit down and when I get up.
    You know my thoughts before I think them.
You know where I go and where I lie down.
    You know everything I do.
Lord, even before I say a word,
    you already know it.
You are all around me—in front and in back—
    and have put your hand on me.
Your knowledge is amazing to me;
    it is more than I can understand.
Where can I go to get away from your Spirit?
    Where can I run from you?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there.
    If I lie down in the grave, you are there.
If I rise with the sun in the east
    and settle in the west beyond the sea,
even there you would guide me.
    With your right hand you would hold me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Orange Pineapple Cake
(one of Scott's favorite)


  • 1 Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Cake Mix
  • 1 stick butter, softened
  • 1/4 c Oil
  • 4 Eggs
  • 1 small can mandarin oranges with juice
  • 1 can crushed pineapple
  • 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
  • 9 oz cool whip



  1. Mix cake mix, butter, oil, eggs, and oranges together and put into 2 floured and greased 9" round cake pans.
  2. Bake 25 minutes at 325 degrees.
  3. Cool Completely.
  4. Combine cool whip, pineapple, and pudding to make frosting.
  5. Ice and then refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.