Sunday, December 2, 2012

#2 - Rest and Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

December brings the biggest holiday season of the year.  I thought Christmas celebrations seemed to go on forever when I lived in the states, but in Spain they go even longer.  The first official fiesta day is Wednesday, Dec 6 and the season continues until Kings Day on January 6.  I love Christmas and I love to celebrate, but I often find that I miss the celebration because I am just too exhausted from the preparation.  So I love today's promise...


Matthew 11:28-29
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.



The other thing that comes to mind when I think of the holiday season is cooking.  I love to cook all year long, but especially in December.  So, I am thinking, along with 30 promises of God I'll share 30 favorite recipes.  And of course, let's start with something chocolate.


Hot Fudge Pudding Cake

  • 1 1/4 c sugar, divided
  • 1 c all purpose flour
  • 7 Tbsp cocoa, divided
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 c milk
  • 1/3 c butter, melted
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 c hot water
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Combine 3/4 c sugar, flour, 3 tbsp cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
  3. Blend in milk, butter, and vanilla. 
  4. Beat until smooth.
  5. Pour into 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 pan.
  6. Combine 1/2 c sugar, brown sugar, and 4 Tbsp cocoa. 
  7. Sprinkle over batter.
  8. Pour hot water (not boiling, but very hot) on top.  DO NOT STIR.
  9. Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set.
  10. Let stand 15 minutes.
  11. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.