Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Entry #3 - Surprise Blessings

#3 - BLESSINGS COME IN ALL SIZE PACKAGES AND WHEN YOU LEAST EXPECT THEM

There is so much comfort in knowing that God is in charge - not only when things are going "yucky," but also when there are blessings waiting around the corner.   If we could design our own blessings I know I would miss a whole lot of ones that God has planned.   This journey of obedience has taught me that my eyes always need to be open and my anticipation level must always be high.  God does loves us and He does desire to bless us - just too many times I miss it!

On December 24 I posted about two little boys and their parents who God used as a surprise blessing to us.  You can go back and read that post at Two Little Boys.  There was a lot more to the story than I shared there, but I have clung many times to the blessing that God surprised us with there.  Of course when we went to Spain these two little boys were on our heart and we brought them back some Spanish souvenirs. 

Last week we got to get together as two families over a meal and shared our hearts for the world to really know Christ.  It was so exciting to see although our families will serve in different parts of the world, we will all be serving for the same purpose.   We learned more about them and they learned more about us.  As the boys grew tired of sitting still they opened their gifts and began to play.  Every now and then one of them would stop and chat with one of us. 

We learned how God has already begun a good work in their hearts and I know that one day they will accomplish great things.  But I also know that for as long as God allows us to serve in Spain we will have two little boys who place their hands on our pictures or hold a Spanish flag or play Knights in Shining Armor and stop and say a prayer for us and for the boys and girls in Spain who need to know the joy that they have.  Perhaps one day I'll even get to show them around Spain.

Thank you boys for being the surprise blessing.  Thank you mom and dad for being obedient to the Word of God in raising two boys to know and love and serve the Lord.  We are blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.