Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thankfulness, Day 2 - My Family

As much as they drive me crazy at times, I am thankful for my family.  They are more than I could have ever asked for.  They are just perfect for me.

There's Scott - who has overcome many obstacles in his life to become the man he is today.  His desire to be a Godly husband, outweighs any of his shortfalls.  There is nothing more powerful than a husband who will pray, out loud, with his wife.

Then Zach, my first born.  Oh how I remember when I was pregnant with him.  We had already lost three babies before they were born and twelve weeks of bed rest with him at the beginning of the pregnancy stole much of the joy that comes from being pregnant, yet God answered that prayer and Zach arrived.  He dreams big and has always known what he wanted to be when he grew up.  And although growing up has not always been easy, he knows whose he is and I am confident that on the other side of "growing up" is a strong, christian man.  He is a hard worker and has a huge servant heart.

And four years later came Hannah.  She is so much like me that we often think for each other.  She was the only child who waited on her due date to come and actually proceeded to wait two more weeks.  Maybe that is why she still likes to sleep late today.  Driven and focused, she is learning to relax and enjoy the moment.  She has an innate ability to reach the "castaways" in life and see them for their God given strengths, and not just look at what the world sees. 

And four years later God gave us Alex.  Born way too early, He came into the world fighting for life.  To this day he still fights to live life to its fullest.  Impossible to punish because the world is his playground, and if you take away one part, he'll find another.  He has taught me to live and laugh.  He keeps me young.  God has given him that personality that lights up a room.  It is impossible to stay down very long when you are around him.

God has been good to me - what a wonderful family!

1 comment:

  1. Coming over from the giving Thanks challenge. Love the dear way you describe your children. When I have a few minutes I will be back to read the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.