Sunday, November 7, 2010

Thanksgiving Update

This week has been crazy and I have fallen behind on being thankful.  But tonight I want to share my thankful thought.

Wednesday, November 3, Day #3 - Thankful for Friends
Today was a hard day.  We learned some news on Wednesday that Satan so wanted to claim as a victory.  I struggled all day long to focus on Christ, the true victor.  It didn't take much to bring me to tears or to focus on the "what ifs."  I spent more time quoting scripture and listening to praise music this day than I have in a long time.  I was determined to not give in, but as my body grew tired, it became so much easier to dabble in the doubts than to claim victory with my Savior.  And yet, at the end of the day as the tears flowed, a dear friend wrapped her arms around me and instead of wallowing in my issue, she quoted powerful scripture and allowed me to cry.  She held me up when I was struggling.  I am very thankful not only for this one friend, but for friends in general.  Life is hard at times and friends are definitely a gift from God (especially those who point me to God and stand in the gap for me when I just struggle to stand).

Thursday, November 4, Day #4  - Thankful for Internet
Maybe Internet seems like a crazy thing to make it on the list as #4, but this morning I opened my email to find three notes from friends who knew of my struggle yesterday.  At 6:30 in the morning friends had been able to reach through the Internet lines and minister immediately.  Back when I was a child, it would have taken three days to have received their notes of encouragement and prayer.  I know that as we reach Spain sometime next year, I will become even more thankful for the ability to connect across the many miles.

Friday, November 5, Day #5 - Thankful for Chocolate
Those of you who know me are probably wondering why it took so long for me to list chocolate.  I truly believe it is a major food group and a great gift from God.  My favorite way to relax is to curl up in my over sized chair with a diet coke and a Reese cup. 

Saturday, November 6, Day #6 - Thankful for Daylight Savings Time
I so need the extra hour of sleep tonight.  Thursday night I was at church until 10:00 as I was responsible for the local association's annual meeting. It was great, but it was late.  Friday I spent the whole day getting ready for the big yard sale that was held today, and today was the yard sale.  My throat hurts and my eyes burn so I know a cold is on the way too  Tomorrow is Sunday and is a long day for someone who works on a church staff, so tonight I thank God for the gift of an extra hour of sleep.

What about you?  Are you keeping your list up to date?  Is it getting harder to come up with something you are greatful for or are you struggling to keep tomorrow's item to yourself?

1 comment:

  1. I would like you to know that I am praying for you and your family diligently. While I do not know nor do I need to know the details of what made your day difficult...I do know this "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it in you." I was praying for you and your family on the way to work for the past couple of days...especially when I get close to the 203 exit off I40. I continue to be thankful for God's timing in our 'launches' in to ministry and I look forward to the day when my wife and I will be able to sit across a table from you and your husband and break together. You are God's gift to us...and I am realizing that more and more each day.
    "Lord, on a day that his been filled with joyous praise of Your Son Jesus...and tears of emotion and laughter...we give You glory and praise for who You are. We honor You with unreserved obedience and we focus our efforts towards building Your Kingdom here on earth. We ask that you will continue to meet our needs phyically and financially as we demonstrate our desire to serve you whole heartedly with reckless abandon. We ask Lord, that you calm our fears and remind us that we are not to be afraid when the battle rages...we are not to be dismayed when what we ask for is not provided immediately...Lord, we want we desire to be children of Your Will, Your Perfect Holy Will...we accept Your timing and we will worship You as we wait. You are the only Name worthy of our praise...and in You we put our hope, our strength and our trust...In the matchless name of Jesus we pray" AMEN!!

    Blessings and Love,

    NC Husband of a VT Wife and kids!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.