Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Blessing of a Mixer

I "bought" my first appliance today for our new apartment in Spain!  I say "bought" because actually I just put a hold on a mixer that is for sale through a virtual garage sale.  A family that lives in Spain is leaving Spain and selling lots of their furniture and appliances and etc.  Our supervisor's wife knew I really wanted a nice mixer when we arrive and promised to look out for a used one.  Today she emailed me about a red kitchen aid mixer that was for sale as well as some other furniture.  I claimed it and have been giddy with laughter all day.

I know a mixer should not have that kind of impact on a grown woman, but look at this as a lot more than a mixer.  Look at it from this view point:

..... Our supervisor believes we are coming!  Who would offer to buy a mixer and furniture for a family on the other side of the ocean if they didn't believe a day was coming pretty soon where the items would be claimed? 

.....  I have always wanted a Kitchen Aid mixer and there has always been a reason not to get one.  I have thought of all the things I will need to give up and do without and yet God has allowed me to have the mixer I have wanted for years.  I know it sounds crazy to many of you, but to me I see the mixer as a blessing from God.

.....  A mixer and maybe a bed and a kitchen table,  the first steps toward a home.  We aren't going to Spain to a sterile, cold apartment - we are going home and we are already beginning to make it.

Laugh with me and rejoice me - I bought a mixer today!

1 comment:

  1. Doing a jig and praising God for a mixer. The little things...ahhh God is so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.