Monday, June 27, 2011

Suitcases and VBS

Hannah and I spoke at Lake Dale Baptist Church in Wauchula, Florida back in May.  It is a tiny country church in the middle of nowhere.  It is surrounded by farm land and citrus groves.  The majority of the members have lived in the area their entire lives and many have attended the same church for their whole life as well.  My grandfather was the preacher there when my mom was a teenager.  In fact, my parents were married there.  We were invited to the church because my aunt still lives in Wauchula and still attends Lake Dale.  I do not think she has ever been a member anywhere else since her late teen years (I'll have to check on that).

They adopted our family for their VBS mission project.  They set up a suitcase with pictures of the family and Spain and set a goal of raising enough money for 1 1/2 suitcases of freight to go to Spain (about $225).  This morning I got a skype message from my aunt - they collected $600!  Yes, that is right - $600.  It is their largest VBS offering ever.  Not only did they collect that much, they prayed for us all week and many continue to pray for as well.  They collected enough for 4 suitcases of freight!

Thank you Lake Dale Baptist Church - not only for generous hearts but also for deep felt prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.