Friday, June 10, 2011

Dancing and Singing

When was the last time that you were so overwhelmed with God that you could not sit still or be quiet about it?  For me it was today.  I have been busting all morning to have time to sit down at the computer and blog cause I just wanted everyone else to be as blown away by God as I have been today.

And before you keep reading, no we have not sold the house, but I am still dancing with praise.

Morning started out great!  Had errands to do here in town and then was going to clean house until translator called (and was just praying she would actually call).  Headed out for errands and here is how the day continued to evolve...
  • Stopped at bank to get money orders for our VISA applications.  Was thrilled to find out they were free because of the type of account we had - praise God!  When I tell the teller who to make the money orders payable to she says "were you the one that came in here awhile back and was planning a move to Spain?"  I told her yes and gave her a prayer card.  She then pulled out her wallet and gave us $20 - said it was just a little something for coffee and muffins or lunch out - just a little blessing from God.  Oh my goodness!  Who does that?  And at a bank with a long line behind us?  Can only be the nudging of the Holy Spirit!
  • Left the bank to go to Wal-mart.  Before we pull in the parking lot my cell phone rings and it is the translator (this was 10:00 - documents weren't to be ready before 2:00) and said our documents were ready and could I come in and go over with them.  Oh my goodness!  I was praying and praising and Hannah was just looking at me.  If you need a translator - I highly recommend  Language Resources in Greensboro.  http://www.languageresources.com/.
  • We flew through our errands in Wal-mart so I could get home and grab paperwork and drop Hannah off so I could go to the translators.  Before we even get home my cell phone rings again.  It is a gentleman we had shared the details of partnership with nearly a month ago and he was calling with some logistical questions and to let us know he and his wife have decided to partner.  Woo Hoo!
Now don't get me wrong - I am not just praising God for the things He did - I am praising God for the character of God that I saw displayed this morning.  He is compassionate.  He cares for our every need.  He equips and He provides.  He delights in His followers.  He is perfectly on time.  He is bigger than anything my mind can imagine.  He is truly God!

It's been a rough emotional week and I would rather stay on the mountain top a little longer, but what lesson did I learn today?  If it had been smooth sailing all week I would have missed the joy and excitement of today.  Made it all worth it.  Now back to singing and dancing His praises!

1 comment:

  1. I sing well but my dancing just don't work, any advice for dancing?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.