Monday, January 17, 2011

We are Here!

It is hard to believe we are finally here.  Our first impression?  Not what I expected.  Not as modern as I expected and not quite as old I expected.  Recognized more Spanish words than I expected.  Narrow roads.  Lots of traffic getting our of Madrid, but not too bad once we reached Azuqueca (not sure I spelled that right).  Lots of traffic circles.

Flights were smooth and uneventful.  Landed in Madrid about 25 minutes early.  We all got a little sleep on the plane.  Alex is especially feeling the lack of overnight sleep.  We are transitioning to the Spanish eating schedule today - lunch is at 2, snack is at 5, and dinner is at 9.  Wondering how many pounds I gain on this trip?

2 comments:

  1. I thought the same thing about gaining weight but we walked so much during our time there that I didn't gain a pound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be surprised. You eat less and you walk so much you will probably lose weight.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.