Sunday, January 2, 2011

Our God - the Creator

I am still recovering from the crud.  I don't remember the last time I stayed feeling this bad for this long, but I am beginning to see the end of it.  Unfortunately, the whole time I sat around on the couch and bed the to do lists were not getting any smaller, in fact I kept thinking of things that needed to be added to them.  Can you believe we are headed to Spain for our first visit in just 15 days!  All kinds of emotions wrapped up in that - a whole different post coming in regards to those feelings.

Every time I get a cold I get a cough that drives the whole house crazy, especially when I keep them all awake, so I decided this crud would be different.  Thursday night I took cough syrup with codeine.  It knocked the cough out, but unfortunately it had another side effect - nausea.  Apparently codeine should not be taken on a empty stomach.

Now for most people nausea is uncomfortable but not worthy of a blog post, but for me nausea is a whole different story.  Let me explain.  Back up in history to 2007 and the three years prior to that.  Ever since having my first child I had struggled with indigestion.  I saw doctor after doctor and tried drug after drug in all kinds of combinations.  By September of 2007 I was surviving on Maalox - went through a bottle every two or three days.  I kept one in the car, in my desk, in the refrigerator (tastes worse but works faster if cold), upstairs, downstairs, in my purse, ...  So finally my only option left was surgery.  This surgery reconstructed the valve between the stomach and the esophagus.  And I have been Maalox free since the day before surgery!

The only down side to this surgery is that I will never be able to throw up again (sounded like a positive at the time of the surgery, but have since learned that it is not necessarily one).  I can still feel nauseated, just do nothing about it.  Reminds me of my morning sickness days.

So Thursday night I laid in bed, curled up, miserable, and crying and praying that God would just heal me instantly.  Instead, what I heard and learned in those still quiet moments of the night was that God, our Creator, could not be outdone.  He created our bodies perfectly.  He designed them to work just how they needed to work.  He knew every body part and system and placed them in the exact spot of our bodies for the perfect plan and man just can't duplicate His perfection.  I am grateful for modern medicine and the gift of normalcy this surgery gave me.  I even think of God's perfect design in the way He created the stomach to allow for this surgery (inquiring minds who need to know more - I had the nissen fundoplication done), but man just can't match God's creation.


So God created mankind in his own image, 
   in the image of God he created them; 
   male and female he created them

So, today from the couch, I continue to praise God for his perfect creation - one that only God could do and man could not match.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.