Friday, October 8, 2010

Mother/Daughter Night

I realized just how old I was yesterday when I stopped by to pick up our tickets for the She Event with Rebecca St. James and Evie.  First Hannah had no idea who Evie was.  She said she would have to come home and "google" her.  Oh my!

Then, the lady who was giving us our tickets asked if I knew who Evie was she proclaimed I was only the 11th person to come through who did - which wasn't so bad until she added, but most of those coming through have been a lot younger than you and I.  She fessed up to being almost the same age as me.

Then just to rub it in a little more I went to the She Event web site and read about Evie and it gives your biography, including the fact that she became a star at the beginning of the contemporary christian music movement, in the 1970s.  Oh my! 

Oh well, old or not - we are off to a night together of music from both generations and Christian fellowship.  I am sure the days of opportunitites like this are numbered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.