Thursday, December 24, 2009

House STILL for Sale

Well, the family that was interested in our house bought a different house.  So, we STILL have a house for sale.  I realized as I read the email that contained this information I have two choices - rejoice that God is in control or be depressed.  Today I will rejoice.  I had already calculated the time frame of where closing would possibly be if they bought the house and it was right smack in the middle of COP in January and I couldn't figure out how I would make that happen.  So I know God is in charge.  He knows all that is on the calendar and what the days ahead hold and He will protect us.

So, if any of you know of anyone who is interested in a house in Kernersville, we still have a beautiful home for sale.

I have been studying what it means to look for God's will lately and questioning whether God has a specific will for our lives or not.   I challenge you to think about the same thing.  Don't think about it in regards to what you have always been taught, but instead in regards to what scripture says.  Just begin to ponder this and in the coming weeks I'll post some of the things I have discovered.  WARNING - what I have always been taught in church is not necessarily what is taught in scripture.  I am always amazed at how excited I get about scripture when I take time to actually dig into it.

Today is Christmas Eve.  Enjoy it!  Spend some time making memories (see yesterday's post).  Relax in what doesn't get done and make the most of what does.  Worship the Saviour whose birthday we are about to celebrate.  Remember, there are no promises of another Christmas Eve just like this one, so savor every moment.

1 comment:

  1. It is always so much better to rejoice and trust in his sovreignty. Made the most of today and it was great. Have a Merry Christmas. Can't wait to see your post on God's will, been doing some digging of my own.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.