Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hands and Feet

First - an update from yesterday - after pitching a temper tantrum with God and coming back to being ok with God's timing and the peace that comes from being willing to surrender it all to him the day began.  It was a crazy day!  It was a stressful day!  It was a day that ended with the makings of a migraine - but right smack in the middle of it God said..."I heard you!  I still hear you!  I want to remind you that I am in control and I do care about you."  Our house has been on the market for 8 weeks - it has never shown on a weekday and it has never shown in bad weather and it hasn't shown in two weeks, so I have gotten kind of lazy about being sure the house is always in showing order.  In fact, yesterday when I left work it was raining and it was a Wednesday and there were dishes in the sink and laundry on the floor and beds were unmade and Christmas decoration boxes were open in the living room and half the house was decorated for Thanksgiving and half the house was decorated for Christmas and....  At noon the scheduling desk for house showings calls and a realtor wants to show the house at 3:15.  At 2:00 the scheduling desk calls again to schedule another showing at 4:30.  As much as I'd like to say the day ended with an offer on the house, it didn't.  But the day did end with my knowing, without a doubt, God does care.  He loves me and he cares for me and although He would much prefer we skip the temper tantrum to get to that point, He still loves me afterwards and He was willing to show me in a huge way.  (by the way, the house has never shown twice in the same day either)


Now on to the title of this post - Oswald Chambers in My Utmost For His Highest says today "I have to deliberately to give my sanctified life to God for His service, so that He can use me as His hands and His feet."  Makes me wonder and ask - what will I do today - not after we eventually get to the mission field, but right now right where am I to be His hands and feet.  I have to remind myself that this journey we are taking doesn't have a final earthly destination and quit focusing on the end and watch for the now.  I wonder how many opportunities I have missed over the last year by focusing on the "when we finally get there?"  May today God find me faithful in being used as His hands and His feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.