Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Menu Is...

Today is our home visit from a personnel team member of SEND International, the sending agency we are applying with.  I have stressed all week over the menu, which table to eat at, what to wear, how to squeeze in Alex's homework before she arrives, and a whole lot more crazy details.  Today I have changed my focus.  I will enjoy cooking dinner for her, as I rarely get to use my gift of hospitality due to the rat race life we use.  I will not stress over how perfect my children need to be.  I will not stress over whether she is going to like everything I serve, I am sure there will be something she likes.  I will not stress over whether I answer every question perfectly, nor will I stress over whether my kids and Scott answer them perfectly either. 

Today I will enjoy the process.  Today I will view this as an opportunity to share our passion for reaching the lost world with someone else who shares the same passion.  Today I will rest in the fact that God is in control.  Today I will be a "Martha" throughout the day, but come 4:00, I will be a "Mary." 

Pray for us to keep our focus on enjoying the process instead of stressing over the tiny details that really don't matter.  Pray for us during the home visit (starts between 4 and 4:30) that regardless of our words or the food, she will hear our hearts and passion.  Pray that she will recommend our continuing in the process when she leaves.  Pray for her safe travels today as she flies from Michigan to Raleigh and then drives to Kernersville.  Pray that when enters our house she will find a home that is welcoming and full of the Holy Spirit.

And to all of you who have watched me agonize over the menu for tonight...I have gone to the grocery store, so no more changes...

Pot Roast with potatoes and carrots
Rice and Gravy
Green Beans
Watergate Salad
Yeast Rolls
Cheesecake with Ganache Icing

Thank you for joining us on this journey.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you!!!!!!! The menu sounds awesome. Enjoy the adventure that He has for you!!!!!!! Oh, and if you have time, take a few minutes and put your apron over your head!!!!!!
    Love
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I worked with you for over 3 years and I never got a meal like that! I guess that helps me to know where I rank in the food chain of life :) You know that we are praying for you! Let me know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.