Sunday, October 30, 2011

(Siempre Tu) Forever Yours

This weekend I served as an assistant cook for a youth retreat here in Spain.  There were nearly 70 youth and youth workers.  I understood very little of what was being said or done but had a good time anyhow.  We served a lot of food (remember a Spanish schedule includes 5 meals per day) and laughed a lot.

I sat in one of the worship sessions.  I am still amazed how the Holy Spirit can speak and move even when I don't understand the language at all.  This was one of the songs they sang.  Don't worry, I'll give you the English translation at the end.  I tried to find it being sung on You Tube put didn't have any luck.  It was a beautiful and unique description of Christ.

Tu que eres dueno del tiempo,
Tu que agrandas mi ilusion,
Tu que seguiras haciendo
Todo lo que no puedo hacer yo,
Tu que enciendes mi esperanza,
Que eres mi necesidad,
Que das vida a tus palabras,
Vida que ya nunca morira
Quiero sumergirme
Eneste amor sin tregua

Tu que cuidas cada paso
Regalandome tu amor
Que olvidas mis fracasos
Que me has dado tu perdon
Que vives en mi mente
Que me haces diferente
Que me alivias siempre tu
Que nunca me abandonas
Que me aceptas como soy
Que conoces mis horas
Que me has puesto donde estoy
Que te llamasa mis padre,
Que me amas como nadie
Que me asombraas siempre tu

Tu que has sido mi refugio
Al llegar la tempestad
Que no hoy nada mas seguro
Que la luz de tu fidelidad
Quiero summergirme
En este amor sin tregua

(a very rough translation)

You who are Masters of Time,
You who enlarge my illusion,
You will continue to do
All I can not do myself,

Your turn on my hope,
What are my needs,
To give life to your words,
Life that will never die
I want to dive
In this love relentlessly


Your every step you take care
Giving your love
You forget my failures
You have given me your forgiveness
You live in my mind
You are different
You always soothe me
You never abandon me
You accept me as I am
You know my hours
You that know where I am
You that I call father,
You love me like nobody
You always amazes me


You who have been my refuge
By the storm
That I cannot be anymore secure today
May the light of your truth
I want to dive
In this love relentlessly

2 comments:

  1. can i found the sound of this song in youtube? is precious thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.