Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Complete Joy

After spending months with God working my way through Ezekiel I felt led into the New Testament.  After praying through where to "settle in" I landed in the 1 John (with a plan to go through all 3 letters of John). I made it as far as chapter 1, verse 4 before I had to stop and ponder.

John writers "These things we write, so that our joy may be made complete."  Now I like to write but I wouldn't say it brings me complete joy so I wondered what John was getting at.  Then I read the footnote - it reads "John's joy in the Lord could not be complete unless his readers shared the true knowledge of the Christ."

Wow!  John's joy had nothing to do with writing - it had to do with what and why he was writing.  He knew he would never find complete joy until he had shared with everyone he possible could the true story of Christ.  Nothing less would do.

What about me?  Do I find complete joy in things, people, places?  Or will I lack that complete joy until everyone I encounter knows the true knowledge of Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.