Friday, September 23, 2011

7 Days - one week.  Wow!  It is getting here quickly and yet at the same time I feel like I am moving in slow motion.  Most of what is on the to do list that can be done in advance is done (except packing) and yet the to do list is still quite long.  We are not running around in a frenzy like I would expect to be, yet we are busy.  Just an odd spot.

On tap for 7 days before we leave - Scott has social time planned today instead of me.  He is going by his work and out to lunch with friends from there.  Of course I tacked on a couple errands at the same time.  Then later this afternoon going to DMV to change a car title as well as make some hospital visits to friends and partners.  I managed to arrange that part of the day so that I get dinner out as well.  Cooking is becoming a foreign word around here.

I think for the first time what leaving really meant began to hit last night.  I was writing a friend who I have not managed to get up with yet and it hit me - even if we don't have time together before next Friday we are leaving.  The clock is not going to stand still until she and I have one last time together.  The worst thing was, that realization hit around 11:00 PM.  I began to process names of friends and family who I won't get to see again before we leave.  And then of course came the question - will they even remember me after we are gone?

I think I'll go back to denial today.  Its a lot easier to focus on what we need to get done then the emotions of this season of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.