Saturday, February 12, 2011

Creativity

Scott and I are taking this online class to learn to better share our journey and to understand support raising/partnership development from a Biblical perspective. The teacher describe the purpose of this process as:

My ministry is to connect believers with the blessing, the joy and the eternal reward of becoming the expression of Christ to the nations.

Been thinking about that all week.  And then Wednesday in walks a friend to my office.  I had cancelled our meeting but she didn't get the message, probably because God wanted to use her to encourage me and I didn't know it.

She was carrying this Hershey bank pictured to the right.  It was more than half full of change and getting very heavy.  She was afraid to hold on to it (I think God just nudged her to bring it knowing I needed an ounce of encouragement) in case it got too heavy to carry.  My first thought was how in the world would I ever eat that much chocolate syrup, but it wasn't full of syrup.

Pause in the story - just in case you do not know, I am a chocoholic.  I believe every day chocolate should be included in the diet.  It is definitely one of the major food groups.  I really see no need for dessert if it doesn't involve chocolate.

This dear friend is one of my most faithful prayer partners.  (I have been blessed with several ladies who stop life on a regular basis to not only pray for me and my family, but to meet with me and pray with me.)  She has wanted to be more of an expression to the people of Spain than prayer (although she does understand the great power and need for prayer).  So through prayer she found a way to be creative.

She collected her change.  There was more than $115 in the jar. Hannah cried when I told her the story.  I just sat and praised God for providing - not because I begged for money but because He touched lives and called them to obedience to the Great Commission.  The excitement in this friend's eyes told the whole story - she had found the joy and the eternal reward of becoming the expression of Christ to the nations.

How about you?  Have you discovered the blessing and the joy and the eternal reward of becoming the expression of Christ to the nations?   I find it more and more every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.