Monday, February 7, 2011

Here We Go Again

I have decided that all potential house buyers should turn off HGTV for at least 30 days before they begin house shopping.  That way they will be looking at reality instead of perfection.  Between the number of houses on the market and the popularity of HGTV our house selling journey may put me in the "looney bin." 

We have decided to tackle repainting/painting portions of the house.  The house has been on the market for 15+ months so even what we did before we put it on the market looks like we have been living in the house (which by the way, we have been).  So this weekend I painted Alex's room and the dining room.  (Thanks to Kristi Jent I got father on Friday than I expected - friends are such a blessing!).  I am a messy painter so I tape everything, and removing the tape was on today's to do list.

We have also decided to refinish the floors.  Almost our entire downstairs is wood floors and they need to be stripped and refinished.  We have to be out of the house for two nights while they work here for three days.  Can't afford the dustless companies, so am going to be cleaning dust up for days (or maybe weeks).

So imagine my house today - painted all weekend and preparing for floors to be done tomorrow - planning for lunch with Zach and Hannah (Alex and Scott are at soccer field) and as we walk into the restaurant I go to turn the sound on my phone on and there is a voicemail and a text message - you got it - the house is being shown this afternoon.

Flew through lunch and headed home to a frenzy of cleaning.  I sure wish God would just send me a billboard with the lesson I am supposed to be learning through this realty journey or tell me which showing will be the one that sells it - cause I'd like to "pull over to the curb" in this house selling segment.  I'm waving the white flag - I surrender.  I'm done. 

Pray for endurance and patience.  Pray for the house to sell.  Pray for laughter in the midst of it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.