Monday, February 28, 2011

What's It Gonna Take?

I was reading another missionary's blog today.  His family is raising support to go to Columbia as English as Second Language teachers.  His post was entitled - What is it going to take?  Made me ponder the same question.  And just in case you are wondering the same thing, I thought I'd answer.

What's It Going to Take to get the Hunter's to Spain?
  • Prayer - that seems simple, but is it really?  Prayer on our part - sometimes it seems like I am saying the same prayer over and over to God and just want to quit.  It is hard at times to be faithful doing what we know we are to do, regardless of the results.  Prayer on your part - God convicted me awhile back that I often say that I'll pray for someone and never get around to doing it.  God also convicted me that I use the "I'll pray for you" as a way to get out of the action God might be calling me to do.  It's easier than sacrificing or rearranging or actually doing. 
  • Finances - the part no one really wants to talk about.  We need financial partners to commit now.  We need 70 more partners at $100/month or 140 partners at $50/month or 35 more partners at $200/month or any combination from above to be fully supported.  We need to be at 50% of our monthly support by the end of March to arrive in Spain by the beginning of the school year.  We are at a little more than 30%.  Lots of people tell us they are praying about partnering - but we need commitments.  We need partnership forms.  AND Scott and I need to get bold in asking.  We know in our heart that we are not asking you for our benefit, but instead we are asking you to be a part of obeying the great commission with a very lost people group, but it still feels like "begging" at times.  Those times are when we need to get ourselves and our pride out of the way and let the Holy Spirit do His job.
  • Sell of the House - we need our house to sell.  What else is there to say about that topic?

Will you pray about joining us?  Will you allow us to come share with you about the blessing of obedience and partnership?  Do you know someone we don't know who would benefit from hearing of our journey?  Will you ask us for a partnership form? 

What is it going to take to get the Hunters to Spain?  You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.