Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Truly God or a Wimpy Look-alike?

One more blind curve in the journey - one more unexpected twist - one speed up that came without a forewarning, yet -

God wasn't surprised.  God has the entire road map.  He not only  knows it but planned it, yet -

I paused for a moment in fear.  Fear that the curve might blindside God.  Fear that the journey might end in a crash instead of giving Him glory.  Fear that failure is just one step away, yet -

I realized yesterday in the middle of this twisty section of the journey that I had a choice to make - either choose to believe that the God I trusted before this twist was still the same God in the middle of it, or He wasn't much of a God and perhaps I should rethink this whole "selling all our worldly goods and moving to the other side of the world to follow His calling."  I know, that sounds a little harsh, but its true.  He is either a God that is not changed by circumstances or He isn't much of a god at all. 

But what is my pattern?  Forget the power of the God I say I serve and trust and reduce him to some wimpy god who can be defeated by simple circumstances that come into my life.  As I processed that thought I was humbled.  I was broken and I had to repent.  Then, I had to make the choice - because not choosing was not an option.

My choice - through tears and crying out to God - was He is the same God in the midst of the turns and twists of the journeys of life as He was before and will be after.  The same God who allowed the Israelites to not only cross the Jordan river in the middle of flood season, but allowed them to walk on land that became dry instantly, is the same today.  I will choose to trust in Him.  I will rest in His plan and allow Him to be the God I know that He is and I will not reduce him to some wimpy thing that my simple mind can conceive.

Ahh - what peace that comes from such a decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.