Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Way of Man or Way of God?

Well, I can stick my head in the sand and I can feel that pit in the bottom of my stomach or I can cling to the fact that the God I serve works according to His ways and not those of man.  I will choose to believe, regardless how much the world and Satan whispers in my ear.

It is not always easy to trust when God's ways are different than man's, but there is such great assurance that comes from knowing I don't have to understand His ways nor trust man's ways. I pray that the day will come when I automatically trust and don't fret first.  What a slow learner I am!

I am reading the book I Will Carry You, The Sacred Dance of Grief and Joy by Angie Smith (wife of one of the member's of Selah).  It is a book about the relationship she has with her Heavenly Father through the lost of her daughter.  There are moments in the book when I have to stop reading because of the tears of sadness and there are others where I have to stop reading because of the tears from the lessons God is teaching me through her story.  I have never experienced the great grief she is walking through, but I have questioned God in circumstances.  She says at one point in the book "I am pretty comfortable saying He is in complete control until the ground grows weak beneath me.  At that point I tell Him what He should do to fix it.  While I know there isn't anything wrong with asking God to intervene, there is a gentle surrender that I was drawn to in this story (story of Mary, Martha, and Lazarus).  Recognize who He is - kyrios (denotes sovereignty) - and tell Him the problem.  Leave the rest to Him.  ..... there is always room for doubt wherever God has made a way for faith."

What about you?  Will you allow Satan to whisper in your ear or will you recognize who you serve?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.