Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Is that really in the Bible?

Ever have one of those phrases stuck in your head that you pull out at times of need thinking you are quoting scripture only to find out it really isn't?

Yesterday we got some disappointing news and all day long I kept telling myself to keep my eyes on the goal... even had long conversations in my head about what was the goal - reaching Spain or a relationship with Christ that was deeper and more intimate (yes, I knew the answer was relationship just had to keep reminding myself).  So this morning I decided to find the verse I was so terribly butchering since I hadn't memorized it, only to find out that it was no verse at all.  It was proverbs from life (which of course I butchered too). 

Oh, there are plenty of verses that tell me the same thing - but just one more reminder that memorizing scripture is essential to life - otherwise, all kinds of things that do not necessarily line up with scripture will take it's place.

Hebrews 12:2  "fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment. To avoid spam comments, all comments are moderated. Your comment will post as soon as I receive it.